JOB TITLE: Resident Innkeeper
Inn BoonsBoro combines the amenities and world class service of a boutique hotel with the charm and intimacy of a Bed & Breakfast. The Inn, which sits on the site of the first stone structure in Boonsboro, was restored by author Nora Roberts and her husband Bruce Wilder and opened to the public in February 2009.
Inn BoonsBoro was the centerpiece of Ms. Roberts’s Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy and has been featured on CBS Sunday Morning as well as in The New York Times and The Washington Post. Guests are drawn to the Inn for many reasons including events at Turn the Page Bookstore, the nearby Antietam Battlefield, the Appalachian Trail and other local historic sites.
We are currently seeking a Resident Innkeeper(s). This may be a FT position for an individual or a PT, shared position:
The right candidate must:
- Work well with an established team.
- Have customer service experience.
- Live on the premises.
- Train in all basic tasks — turning rooms, preparing breakfast, handling wine and cheese service.
- Must be able to handle software programs in place.
- Be flexible enough to balance the demands of a hotel that hosts guests from all over the world as well as fit into the fabric and dynamics of a small town.
- Be friendly and make guests welcome in all areas.
- Be able to develop and maintain a solid, respectful relationship with other staff.
- Handle reservations
- Cross train in all areas (housekeeping/cooking/reservations)
- Work evening wine & cheese service
- Conduct tours of inn for guests
- Plan small events and update packages with Lead Innkeeper
COMPENSATION includes a private, two-bedroom apartment on the top floor of the inn. Please note that no health benefits are offered at this time.
START DATE: Immediate openings
Please send resume to Karen Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: Breakfast Chef
Looking for part-time breakfast chefs to create delectable and interesting breakfasts for guests as well as prep evening wine and cheese service.
Create menus and shopping list
Prepare breakfasts served from 8 – 10 am.
Clean kitchen post breakfast.
Bake cookies/scones/muffins to serve to guests throughout the day.
Prepare hors d’oeuvres for evening wine service.
Hours: 6:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Please email resume to: email@example.com